Call for Papers
About the Colloquium
Regent's University London, Business and Management Faculty and the Academy of Marketing invite submissions to the 1st International Colloquium on Fashion Marketing + Consumption. This Academy of Marketing event is designed to provide an interface between academics and industry wanting to draw on the very latest theoretical and empirical research.
Curious Fashion Research Endeavours
Theme: Transformative times for Fashion Marketing + Consumption research: Exploring contemporary issues, challenges + opportunities within the sector.
We are in an era of discovery within the broad fashion marketing and consumption discipline. From polarized views on the need for ethical and conscious decision-making around fashion supply chains and design in tandem with a digital evolution. This colloquium brings together academic, industry and students as the future voice of fashion. This is a comprehensive call, as this is our first colloquium and we wish to be as inclusive as possible to all researchers and academics working within this broad discipline.
The organizers welcome submissions on all aspects of Fashion Marketing and Consumption and any discourse related papers of this area (see below) for presentation and conversation at the 2018 Colloquium. Presentation streams will be provided for all areas of academic research with a specialist fashion ‘sustainability’ track hosted by the Sustainability SIG for the Academy of Marketing.
All papers will be double-blind peer reviewed. A Best Paper Award will be announced during the colloquiium. After the conference, a number of papers will be invited for publication in a range of special issues including:
- The Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: an International Journal
- The Marketing Review
- Book: Curious Fashion Research Endeavours + Critical Fashion Issues (working title) We will consider developing your work as a chapter in our board-edited book that will publish the best conceptual proceedings from the colloquium.
In all cases, authors will keep the right to publish their paper elsewhere. Scholars seeking consideration of their papers for publication in the special issues should communicate such intention to the conference coordinators.
Both academic and practitioner papers are welcome on topics such as (but not limited to):
- Fashion Sustainability
Fashion discussions, reflections, discourse and exploration of critical issues
- Consumer behaviour and psychological perspectives of fashion
- Cross-cultural issues in fashion branding
- Digital integration and application in fashion brands
- Fast fashion and sustainability
- Engagement with digital and/or sustainable fashion
- Digital strategy in fashion
- Engagement construct and Fashion
- Luxury fashion sector
- Retail, distribution and merchandising process of fashion
- Storytelling in fashion films, fashion narratives + photography
- Advertising + fashion
- Marketing communications in fashion
- Social, legal and ethical perspectives of fashion branding
- Sustainable and other ethical concerns/ issues in the fashion industry
- CCT perspectives of fashion
- Fashion consumption across any platforms
- Fashion E-Commerce
- Fashion mobile marketing + consumption
- Fashion consumerism, fashion audiences, psychological motivations for consumption
- Fashion and communications
- Fashion marketing strategy + themes